Monday, April 6, 2009

13.

INSPIRATION ART
Week Six
(a)
april 06, 2009

the inspiration:

the result:

front
('embrace')
back
('HUG')
wooden shadow box, moss, dried flowers, ribbon, wire, sticks, pearls, doll arms, wooden heart, textured paper, ink, paint.

tell me 'bout it
:
I was originally going to try to create a sculpture using a comb and some wire, and then I was going to try to paint with a comb (comb because the boy looks like he could use one). I settled on another shadow box when I discovered I still had one hanging around. I tried to create the field with the moss and the long grass with the dried flowers. The doll arms and the tangled wire represent the embrace between the two, and the crocheted pieces are clouds. It might be easier to see the smaller parts if you click the picture to enlarge it. This way you can clearly see the asian newspaper layered under the textured paper with leaves in it and the stamped word 'embrace'. On the back if you zoom in you can see how the box is painted with layered gray and metallic red.

*gmb

3 comments:

Amber Joy said...

GINA! CRAZINESS! I did such a similar project...with the hands in the box and viney tree type things...I started it for the tomoto project and used seeds and growing things...and never finished it. I am emailing you pics tomorrow because it is soo eerily similar. Wow! I love it!

Amber Joy said...

P.S. I am going to start doing our Inspiration again since tonight was my last WAM class.

burnt mayonaisse. said...

i know ive said this before, but its so funny how when we started this we were like "oh its going to be so exciting seeing how different our things come out" and its always soooo similar. even similar materials. we have the same art brain!

and im psyched that your gonna start again!