Tuesday, February 10, 2009

7.

INSPIRATION ART

Every Sunday Amber and I will be taking turns sending one another an image, quote, symbol, sound that will be used as inspiration to create a piece of art in one weeks time.

WEEK ONE
(g)
february 8, 2009

the inspiration:

the result:


materials used: small metal frame-pressed flowers-plastic rose-plastic pearls-paper-ink (reads 'OH RAPTURE')-tulle.

on the piece: I decided to make a small piece, something that would resemble a Valentine's day card. I chose to keep the muted, dusty color theme. I framed an image and used tulle as it is reminiscent of the decoration coming off of the frame in the inspiration image. I stamped 'OH RAPTURE' because the ladies look delighted in a subtle way, then I sealed it with a kiss.

*gmb













No comments: