Monday, February 16, 2009

8.

INSPIRATION ART

WEEK TWO
(a)
february 16, 2009

the inspiration:

the result:



materials used: oil treated paper (made in 5th grade at natures classroom), napkin, velvet, various papers, potpourri, doily, brads, paint, cardboard cutouts, glitter.

on the piece:
I had a really hard time with this assignment. I immediately wanted to use a girl with big eyes, inspired by the toy frogs eyes and have her be the focal point while the background is out of focus (also inspired by the original photo), but something very different occured. I made the girl's head and made the frog prince and could not piece together anything for a background, for they are the very bane of my existence! I finally put him on a branch and then just started gluing mindlessly and this is what I produced. I'm not too crazy about the real twigs and flowers against flat paper shapes and fake flowers. It's not at all what I wanted it to look like, but it was fun anyways!

*gmb

-amber had some trouble with this assignment as well. She basically melted hers and has to start over. I'll update with her link when she has completed it.

1 comment:

Amber Joy said...

Crazy. I haven't finished mine yet but mine is a frog prince theme as well! haha. I love it!